To apply for the Sammy Taylor Memorial Scholarship program, a student must:
- Be an FFA/4H student graduating senior from an EMC school (New Caney/ Splendora/Porter).
- Have served as an FFA/4H student in good standing for a minimum of two years and completed two individual projects livestock or non-livestock for entry into a major or county show during that time.
- Academic standing (top ½ of graduating class) OR minimum* SAT of 800 or ACT of 15.
*(SAT/ACT not required for trade/vocational technical school)
- In the fall of the next academic year, plan to enroll in an accredited two-or four year college, university, or vocational technical school. Provide acceptance letter.
- Applicants may pursue any major.
April 30, 2020
Mail Applications to:
Sammy Taylor Memorial Scholarship Committee
22898 Maple Street
Porter, TX 77365
U.S. Mail is the preferred method of submission for applications and must be postmarked by April 30, 2020 to be considered. Applications postmarked after deadline will not be opened or considered. Selected qualified applicants must participate in a panel interview with the selection committee. Applicant will be contacted by a board member to schedule the interview. The interview process will be conducted in June or July. Interviews must be completed by July 31, 2020 to remain eligible. For any questions related to the scholarship please contact via email at email@example.com
In 2019, we awarded $32,000 in scholarships to the following recipients:
In 2018, we awarded $30,000 in scholarships to the following recipients:
In 2017, we awarded $52,000 in scholarships to the following recipients:
In 2017, we awarded $46,000 in scholarships to the following recipients:
In 2015, we awarded $40,500 in scholarships to the following recipients:
In 2014, we awarded $41,500 in scholarships to the following recipients:
In 2013, we awarded $36,000 in scholarships to the following recipients:
In 2012, we awarded $35,000 in scholarships to the following recipients:
In 2011, we awarded $11,000 in scholarships to the following recipients:
In 2010, we awarded $10,500 in scholarships to the following recipients: